Friday, July 23, 2010

New Lyme Books

My dear patients have loaned me two Lyme books.  The first, Healing Lyme Disease Naturally, can be broken down to one word:  Teasel.  If you haven't tried it, get the book.  (It might be worth it for the picture of Wolf in the back alone). 

The second book, The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments, is a laundry list of a number of different treatments.  I assume the top ten were selected based on popularity.  Teasel, from the book above, gets a paragraph mention as a possible antibiotic. 

In neither book did I see what I've begun to put together from the medical literature.  The concept is that the antigens from the spirochete interact with the immune system so that continuing Lyme symptoms have much more to do with autoimmune response than continuing spirochete counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment